1. Who's dead, who's not: The following
characters are very much alive in
VS 11: The Lone Gunmen, Krycek, Skinner, CBG Spender
(Cancerman), Charlie Scully and Strughold.
2. The following characters are dead: Teena Mulder, Bill Mulder, Bill Scully Sr., Melissa Scully, Emily, Samantha Mulder ('Closure' in actual Season 7 ending), Skinner's wife Sharon, Diana Fowley, Jeffrey Spender, Mr. X, Deep Throat, Tom Colton and just recently, Bill Scully Jr. (Tara Scully and her two children Matty and baby Clara now live in Maryland, not far from Maggie Scully.)
3. Who's sleeping with whom: Mulder and Scully are a loving couple in an intimate relationship. After a fire (11x 11 -- Great Balls of Fire) completely destroys Mulder's apartment complex, he moved in with Scully. Following Bill Jr. death, M&S have moved into a duplex in Georgetown, just a few blocks from Scully's old apartment. The duplex is described in 11x23 -- Displacement. They take two rooms when on an investigation, but only use one of the beds.
4. Who knows Mulder and Scully are a couple: The LGM, the entire Scully family, Skinner, Skinner's adopted son Andrew (VS10 eps. Faith Faith Lives), Kenny Andrews (VCS profiler, VS 8 cliffhanger and VS 9 premiere)
5. Mytharc? What Mytharc? Episodes that will explain the mytharc for the Virtual Season are 10x14--Circles, 10x15--Patchwork, 10x26--Last Kiss, 10x27--Legacy, 11x1 -- Camarilla, and 11x23 -- Displacement. This is for reference only. As the mytharc has been planned out for the course of the next season and beyond, it remains the domain of the producers. But it may be referenced in the course of a story.
6. Season 8 and 9 of the X-files TV show do not exist in this universe. The last episode we acknowledge from the TV show is Je Souhaite, the second to last episode of season 7. There is no pregnancy, no baby William, no Agent Dogget, no Agent Reyes. Furthermore, Alvin Kersh is NOTa Deputy Director, and never was. Kersh was found guilty of corruption and was dismissed from the Bureau (11x19--The Y Folders.)